Thursday, November 1, 2012

Here's To The Beginning Of Things

So I am a Scot who was living, for a while, in the lush Rhone Alpes region of France which also happens to be right near Geneva, Switzerland. Who can complain when you are surrounded by Alps, blue skies and the gorgeous Lac Leman?


Sadly I am nearing the end of my 17 month surreal living experience but I look forward to Edinburgh, life in a city where  24 hour shopping is possible.


I will bring back some new habits that I have acquired. Habits like scouring to find local tasty fresh food. I have already sourced the weekly Edinburgh market for targeting as soon as I return. I am hoping it will provide me with new delights to play with in my cooking.

Recently I met up with a friend while back in Edinburgh (looking for a flat to move into when I return). We ended up having a nice meal and a catch up at Bella Italia, drinking this sensational sparkling white dessert wine named Alasia Moscato D'Asti. It was delightfully fruity with a nice honey finish, I love a sweet wine and this was fabulous. So fab, in fact, that I looked it up and found you can buy it on Amazon. Another reason to look forward to my Edinburgh return, delighted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment